BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Something Borrowed


SOMETHING BORROWED

EMILY GIFFIN

I really enjoyed this book. It was long, but there was never a dull moment between Rachel

and Dex and Darcy. And there were so many sharp, precise images flooding the novel. I felt like I was there in New York, I felt part of their little group. I was never bored.

Rachel White is the consummate good girl. A hard-working attorney at a large Manhattan law firm and a diligent maid of honor to her charmed best friend Darcy, Rachel has always played by all the rules. Since grade school, she has watched Darcy shine, quietly accepting the sidekick role in their lopsided friendship. But that suddenly changes the night of her thirtieth birthday when Rachel finally confesses her feelings to Darcy's fiance, and is both horrified and thrilled to discover that he feels the same way. As the wedding date draws near, events spiral out of control, and Rachel knows she must make a choice between her heart and conscience. In so doing, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings

aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk everything to be true to yourself.

Even though the concept isn’t really anything new, there are so many twists and turns t

hat will completely throw you off. And for me, there was never a defining moment in the book, or something that left me on the edge of my seat. It was just quality throughout; a lot like watching a chick-flick. Which is probably one of the reasons that they turned this into a movie, out this week!

I can’t wait to start some of Emily Giffin’s other books!

6 comments:

YA Lit in 100 Words or Less said...

I read Something Borrowed and then Something Blue. Have you seen the movie trailer for Something Borrowed? The movie will be out soon.
I also liked Babyproof, but haven't read her latest.

Majanka said...

This book does sound interesting. Something Borrowed, isn't that one of the things you need to have a successful wedding? Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue?

I'm a new GFC follower btw ;)
Kind regards,
Majanka
I Heart Reading

Unknown said...

Im excited for the movie, but haven't read the book.

clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

Sarah Allen said...

Cool review :) I've been hearing a lot about this one.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

hey cool blog follow us at http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/

Traveller said...

Hi my friends.hope you will visit my blog enjoy the information.please click the adsense in my blog for more information http://tourismopportunity.blogspot.com/