BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances

I know I'm a little late on the Holiday front, but here it comes!


I was really excited about Let it Snow. I absolutely adore John Green (who doesn't?) and Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle have been on my to-read list for a while!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today's bestselling teen authors John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses. (Goodreads)

This book really put me in the holiday spirit. I loved how everything felt so magical and jubilant.
I also really liked how by having three different authors, each voice was very distinct.

And the whole thing really had a very He's Just Not that into You or Valentine's Day movie vibes. Everything connects so well like that, and it made me so giddy!

I'd have to say that my favorite story of the three was the one by Maureen Johnson. Something about it felt so real. That being said, there was nothing deep to any one of these pieces. The thing as a whole was very frothy and fun. Something to lighten the mood.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

This sounds so good! I love all of those authors! If you have time checkk out my YA blog! :) http://brittanysfantasy.blogspot.com/