BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

WAKE movie news!

Good news! Well, not even good news, great news! The great book series, starting with WAKE, (by Lisa McMann) are being turned into a movie! It's official, Paramount Pictures and MTV films picked up the rights. Sounds like it could be great, considering the director!



The thing I'm not 100% sold on though, is that Miley Cyrus is up for the lead role of Janie. Nothing against her, she's an alright actress, but that's just not how I saw the role. And I thought Janie was supposed to be blonde. But hey, surprises happen. Because I can see how the casting directors and everyone else would pick Miley; she has a huge fan base and publicity covering her. However, I think that even without her this movie will be successful. It's a great story that would take a lot to mess up on their part. And there are some people that would stray from seeing this because Miley is in it. In fact, if I wasn't such a huge fan of this series, I probably wouldn't see it. Regardless of who plays Janie, I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

For any of you who haven't yet checked out this series, I highly recommend it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, everyone has been making this big ruckus over Miley Cyrus in Wake. But if anyone chooses not to see it just because of her... then they couldn't have been very big fans of the book after all! And who knows?! The movie version might be amazing! Just my 2 cents :) Thanks for stopping by Book Love!