BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Will Grayson, Will Grayson


In the past, I've written my own summaries of the books I've reviewed. However, I don't even know where to start for this one, so I've taken a summary from Borders.com:

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens--both named Will Grayson--are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history's most fabulous high school musical.

(This is also the summary from the inside flap of the book.)


This was the first thing I've ever read by John Green or David Levithan, so I wasn't 100% sure what to expect, even though I've been following John and his brother, Hank, on their vlog for some time now.
This book definitely made me want to go out and buy every other thing John Green had ever written. Same for David Levithan. I loved the clear distinction between the different voices. And sometimes that gets lost when authors co-write, but for once there was a fine line.
I particularly enjoyed the character, Tiny Cooper. I just never knew what to expect from him
While cleverness and wit clearly abound, there isn't lack of actual story as well. The not-so-complicated plot line was just what was needed.
I could feel my pulse pick up when the characters were in a tense situation, and that's just what good fiction is supposed to do.

0 comments: